Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Gospel of John - Part 8

Part 8 takes place between John 8:9, where Jesus finishes up with the woman accused of adultery and ends in John 8:59 after declaring that He is "I AM"

This part is filled with so much deep theology I encourage you to watch it a couple of times and really meditate on what Jesus is saying. For example in verses 12-13 Jesus again confronts the Pharisees and tells them, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness but will have the light of life."

Of course later, while speaking to the Jewish crowd He tells them, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."

And of course, probably one of the most famous parts of Scripture when Jesus tells the crowd that He is God - I AM!! verse 58

Enjoy this part and God Bless

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment