Friday, August 8, 2008

The Gospel of John - Part 10

Part 10 begins in Chapter 10:1 with Jesus reiterating to the Jews, two of His "I Am" statements. First, that He is the Door, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the Door of the sheep" - verse 7 and again in verse 9 He says, "I am the door. If anyone enters by me he will be saved..." Then in verse 11 Jesus tells the Jews, "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."

Later Jesus is in the temple during the Feast of Dedication when he tells the Jews, "I and the Father are one." - verse 30. To the church today this doesn't mean much but what Jesus is saying here is that He is God. The Jews certainly knew what He meant because they picked up stones to stone Him for blasphemy.

Part ten then concludes with the beginning of the story of Lazarus which we'll see in the next part - part 11

Enjoy and God bless

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment