Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Gospel of John - Part 6

Part 6 begins in Chapter 6:16-21. This is the miracle when Jesus walked on water. After feeding the 5000, Jesus goes off to pray and the disciples get into a boat and head for Capernaum. Jesus then comes to them in the night, walking on the water.

In the second half of the video, Jesus proclaims to the crowd that He is the Bread of Life. In verse 44, Jesus says, "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day."

Jesus then tells them that they must eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood in order to have life. This of course causes much grumbling among the Jews.

Then again in verse 65 Jesus reiterates what he said in verse 44, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."

Can anybody see the doctrine of Election here?? Salvation is all of God and none of us.

God bless and enjoy

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment